By Thomas F. King
- Edited via one of many world's prime specialists within the box of cultural source administration, with contributions through a variety of specialists, together with archaeologists, architectural historians, museum curators, historians, and representatives of affected groups
- Offers a vast view of cultural source administration that incorporates archaeological websites, cultural landscapes, ancient buildings, shipwrecks, clinical and technological websites and items, in addition to intangible assets corresponding to language, faith, and cultural values
- Highlights the realities that face CRM practitioners "on the ground"
Read Online or Download A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar archaeology books
The 6th quantity within the Institute of Classical Archaeology's sequence at the rural geographical region (chora) of Metaponto is a examine of the Greek payment at Sant'Angelo Vecchio. positioned on a slope overlooking the Basento River, the location illustrates the extreme number of settlements and makes use of of the territory from prehistory throughout the present day.
This publication offers a quick, readable advent to old archaeology, which makes a speciality of sleek heritage in all its interesting nearby, cultural, and ethnic range. Accessibly overlaying key equipment and ideas, together with basic theories and ideas, the historical past of the sphere, and simple definitions, historic Archaeology additionally incorporates a functional examine profession clients for readers.
This quantity, released in honour of Egyptologist Prof. Rosalie David OBE, offers the newest examine on 3 of crucial elements of historical Egyptian civilisation: mummies, magic and scientific perform. Drawing on contemporary archaeological fieldwork, new learn on Egyptian human is still, reassessments of old Egyptian texts and sleek experimental archaeology, those essays attempt to resolution a few of Egyptology's greatest questions: How did Tutankhamun die?
Geophysics impacts quite a lot of matters, from environmental experiences to archaeology, palaeontology to counter-terrorism and legislations enforcement. 'Handbook of Geophysics and Archaeology' deals a finished review of geophysical concepts. The guide specializes in functions and concerns in archaeology but in addition offers a huge evaluate of the fundamentals of geophysics.
- Mirrors of Clay
- The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century
- Römische Gartenanlagen: Studien zu Gartenkunst und Städtebau in der Römischen Antike (German Edition)
- Space and Time in Mediterranean Prehistory (Routledge Studies in Archaeology)
- Pigment Compendium: A Dictionary and Optical Microscopy of Historic Pigments
- Statistics for Archaeologists: A Common Sense Approach (Interdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology)
Additional resources for A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Thomas F. King